Well, the artist I’m talking about today is 14th, a duo from Brighton, UK. The group consist of Tom & Tracey, and together they make such beautiful music. The vibe is their music could be described as darky but dreamy electronic dance music. Their songs “Hide Yourself” & “Take Me There” but have this 90s vibe, but a little darker.
I really love the sound of the tracks I’ve heard so far, and the videos are so beautiful! The latest video is for their track “Take Me There” and the song has that total 90s vibe. You know, that 90s sound that makes those dance hits such a “hit.” But then you can still chill out & groove, because 14th slows it down and makes the vibe a little darker (as well as a hint of drum & bass.) One website I read described it as “It’s rave music re-purposed for darker times, reminding you that there isn’t actually anyone to go to the rave with. (via Dazed)“
If I was in London, I’d love to go see 14th perform live, but for now I will enjoy the avant-garde music videos.
©Jasmine McGee.ThinkSoul25. http://thinksoul25.com
- Simply Beautiful | Bombay Bicycle Club – “How Can You Swallow So Much Sleep” (thinksoul25.com)
- Soulful Vibe | Bakery Boys ft. The Thirst – “Up & Down Girl” (thinksoul25.com)
- French House: Louis La Roche – Gimme Gimme (Official Music Video) (thinksoul25.com)
- Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs (thinksoul25.com)
- New Release | Seamus Haji’s Remix of Rebecca Ferguson “Too Good To Lose” (thinksoul25.com)
- Polish Electro Pop: Kamp! – “Cairo” (thinksoul25.com)
- DNB Release | Netsky – “Give & Take” (thinksoul25.com)
- Organic House: Trickski – “Wilderness” (thinksoul25.com)