If you’ve watched films, promos, commercials, or listened to the radio in the past few years, then you’ve without a doubt heard the infamous track “We Speak No Americano.” Even if you had no idea who it was by, you can immediately recognize it’s unique beat and lyrics “We Speak No Americano.”
Hopefully, in the midst of hearing the song non-stop in the international music stream, you took time out to actually get to know the music of Yolanda Be Cool.
Yolanda Be Cool is this insanely cool production duo from Australia. In the past I blogged about “We Speak No Americano” and “Le Bump” featuring Crystal Waters, but I don’t think I’ve really expressed to you the main reasons why I love Yolanda Be Cool. So in celebration of their new bangin’ new single “Change” featuring Nola Darling and their forthcoming album, “Ladies and Mentalmen,” I figured it would be appropriate (as well as fun) to list the reasons why I love Yolanda Be Cool.
So let’s get down to business!
- You never know what to expect from these guys: old school hip-hop, Chicago house, electro, Italian inspired music, funk, and anything/everything else you can imagine coming together in a track
- They released a mock press release ceasing everyone to stop playing “We Speak No Americano.” Haha, that’s pretty awesome
- I love Australian-based production, so they of course help put Australia on the map musically
- You can’t help but to dance and have a good-ass-good-time when listening to “We Speak No Americano” and “Le Bump”
- Their name is Yolanda Be Cool, need I even say more? They win an award for cool stage name!
Alright, that’s all I really have. I could wreck my brain trying to come up with more reasons why Yolanda Be Cool rocks, but you should already know that they are just insanely dope. So if you haven’t checked out their latest single “Change,” then you should do so now!